Updated: Jul 8
Why don't my pants fit and what happened to all that wine I bought in my frig? After the holiday weekends, I am frightened. Maybe I can run around my house 5 times, use the bathroom, and step on the scale with different results? Didn't think so. The hardest step is the first one. My advice as a fitness trainer is to start slow. BJ Fogg, master habit guru shares, "you could have all the motivation in the world and without the ability, you are at square one." Having an aspiration to lose weight is about as good as having 10 cents in a phone booth (remember those days?).
1) You have to be specific. I want to lose one pound this week and I am going to do it by exercising every day at 6:30-6:45 when my alarm goes off.
2) Pick steps that enable success and start small. Your mind wants do things it's good at.
3) Exercising is a habit. Do it at the same time, in the same place, on the same days.
4) Say 5 no's before you say yes to things you know you shouldn't be eating.
When you start small you end big. When you start big you end.
* For more info checkout https://www.fitfannie.com or join our 5 min, 10 day challenge- Monday July 13-Wed July 22. Download the app fitfannie on Apple store. Join Fitfannie Facebook Group. #exercise